Friday, October 21, 2005

The Bridge to Nowhere

I despise the way that our government collects HUGE amounts in taxes which our elected officials scramble to distribute throughout the nation. I don't see any end in sight, but I would love to see the federal government allow the states to keep more of their money, and let them solve more of their own problems---like Alaska's 220+ million dollar bridge to an island with a population of 50 people.

I know that a lot of "beggar states" have gotten fat on the government's teat, taking in more money in pork projects than their citizens pay in with their taxes. I say let them find a way to deal with their problems, as opposed to dangling money to entice them to "toe the line".

I stole the link to this Neal Boortz comment from Tobermory. Original story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home