Sunday, October 09, 2005

For Those With a Not-So-Descriminating Palate


On my old friend Will Cockrell's blog (be wary, Will is an angry Somoan man), I came across a link to Bumwine.com, which is a site devoted to studying the merits, virtues, and shortcomings of the "big five" bum wines. That led to me look around a bit, and I found the "Ghetto Wine" site, which had a few amusing bits.

I even found out that The Michigan Daily did a taste-test, though they also included wines that no "self-disrespecting" bum would touch, due to the lack of economic prudence involved in consuming anything less than 17.5%. It was no surprise that the winner was Boone's Farm Snowberry Creek, the one with the lowest alcohol content.

My days of sampling such ware are long since past, but I do have some fond memories that combine Kountry Kwencher-filled champagne fountains, Hatch, and Joe Abreu, and of hearing Rogers Alley and Pat Pace singing their take on the old classic:

What's the word?
THUNDERBIRD!
What's the price?
A DOLLAR TWICE!
How much more at the Corner Store?
CAN'T GET IT NO MORE AT THE CORNER STORE!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home