Friday, September 02, 2005

Solar Cars!



After mentioning Ed Passerini in the previous post, I wanted to find some links about his work with solar-powered cars. Here, and here, and here, and here. If you're inclined to read his tendentious book, here's a link to it.

He let me drive one of his cars in the early 90's, and while it was very low-powered, I was jazzed. It felt like a mixture of a Honda CRX and a battery-powered golf cart. Maybe I'll build one....someday. Passerini is a kook, but I genuinely liked him.

You can email him, if you're curious: epasseri@nc.ua.edu

An added note, one of the links refers to a man as "his longtime partner". He was chasing chicks back in the 1990's, so I'm not sure how "partner" was being used. Damn confusing modern-speak.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wayward Hatch said...

Ed's a dick and his car was just a golf cart with a battery and a solar panel.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Sure, Ed is a greenie, and couldn't look beyond his own viewpoint/opinion, but he was always a gentleman, and his lectures were always a blast.

I had the opportunity to drive one of his solar cars, and it was much more than just a golf cart. Well, at least a little more.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Wayward Hatch said...

It's OK that you're gay for Ed. You're still my buddy.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home