Sunday, October 09, 2005

Domino-oh-oh


I don't think that we'll see it in the theater, but Domino (official site here) intrests me. The whole "based on a true story....sort of" disclaimer scores points in my book, as it seems that the movie's ties to Domino Harvey's true story are all but non-existent, and the film-makers don't try to pass this off as a biopic.

The crazy, drugged out lesbianthat inspired this story was recently found dead in a bathtub. You can't buy that kind of advertising, so I'm thinking that the movie might do well. Her father was movie star Lawrence Harvey, her mother a covergirl, and her millionaire stepfather owned the Hard Rock Cafe. She did a bit of modelling, a lot of drugs, and ended up becoming an assistant bounty hunter. Some writers dismiss her "bounty hunting" as a rich little bored drug addict helping others round up homeless drug addicts, nothing like the action sequences depicted in the movies. According to "The Superficial":

Not that a girl could never be a bounty hunter, it’s just that a girl could never be a bounty hunter. If I was dating a girl who claimed she was one, I would just nod politely and then give her a new mission: “hunt” me down a piece of pie. And a glass of milk. And then I’d smack her on the ass as a send off, cause girls like to be reminded who's in charge.


I'm also curious to see if this movie, and his performance in Sin City, brings Mickey Rourke back from B&C-movie Hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home