Saturday, October 15, 2005

Border Woes

This site is not an official U.S. site, but it has a lot of information (which may not be entirely accurate) about the U.S. border with Mexico. It also has an annoying Neil Diamond soundtrack.

My dear Dad told me of an incident that is said to have happened recently, in which Border Patrol agents were engaged in a large fire fight with folks on the Mexico side of the border. It's been said that two U.S. Border Patrol agents were severly wounded, and that there has been a high-level government cover-up. I have heard nothing about this in the news media, and I found nothing on the Web. But I did find a wonderful Illumati conspiracy story here.

I also found this, a recent story about border concerns, but no accounts of a large firefight.

I also found a bit about "the Halls of Montezuma".

All that said, I think that George W. Bush and his administration have, as each recent presidential administration has, betrayed the American people in their failure to secure our borders. Particularly after the events of September 11, 2001, G.W. Bush's failure to take the largest step necessary to provide for American security astounds and confounds me. As "Jackie Chiles" would say, "I am shocked and chagrined....mortified, and stupified!". I don't know if it will ever be any different.

Our government's intentional failure has it's motivations, including the desire/need for cheap labor, the courting of the Hispanic vote, and a social engineering philosophy with which I do not agree. There are others reasons, I imagine, but I have no desire to have a symposium over the porous borders. I just want them secured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home