Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oh, How the Mighty Have Fallen

Those of you who know me, know me to be a hot pepper aficionado and fan of all things 'hot and spicy'. I have travelled three continents, challenging chefs to 'burn me out'. Well, it's finally happened. Yesterday, Ferlie and I had lunch with Mike and Cassondra at Beauregard's, a Huntsville, AL joint that serves up wings, ribs, sammiches, and such. Their claim is "Nobody does it hotter". Well, they are correct.

I ordered a combination plate with their "Home-made Habenero sauce". I have never eaten anything so hot that also tasted good. Unfortunately, the burn continued to get worse, and worse, until such point as I had to give up and admit defeat. I made it through the rib portion, one wing, and roughly 1/3 of the chicken sandwhich, when the reddish sauce of Satan beat me into submission. The saddest thing of all, is that it actually tasted REALLY good, and it was the PAIN that made me stop eating.

We've been to Beauregard's several times, and I always enjoy it. For wings and such, they get my highest recommendation. I will try the insane hot goodness again, but it will be awhile....at least until the blisters on my tongue are healed.

2 Comments:

Blogger mikeray said...

I was only able to take one bite of a sandwich. It was the most intense and impossible to eat hot sauce I've ever had.

10:07 AM  
Blogger BamaNana said...

Take a Pepcid, or prilosec when you leave home to prepare for that next insane feasting!! New Stomach won't let me go to ANY spices except a little original Mrs. Dash.
I'm living a very bland life!! But, I'm saving money!!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home