Monday, February 27, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Mom, Dad, Uncle Dan, and my sister Carol came up to visit yesterday to celebrate Mom's birthday (29 again!), and we all had a good time. Veronica enjoyed all of the attention that she received, and a good time was had by all. We're pretty sure that Mom will enjoy her gift (a DVD of an Elton John concert) as much as Dad will hate it.

As we're still recovering from our Philippines trip, Ferlie and I opted for a dinner of pizza, which came in the form of Pizza Hut's "cheesy bites crust" pie. Despite looking like a deformed foot with severely swollen and rotten toes, the taste was okay. I'm not a huge fan of Pizza Hut, or any of the big chains, as their pizzas (pizzae?) don't thrill my taste buds the way I believe pizza should. Our favorite in Nashville is Caesar's Ristorante Italiano, which is a neat little family-owned Eye-Talian joint stuck in a nearby strip-mall, and their pizza is "wunnerful, wunnerful".

While we were in the Philippines, Ferlie and I twice had pizza from Shakey's, a chain that has largely faded here in the States. Shakey's Pinoy pizzas (unlike the ones that I used to enjoy in West Texas) are covered with thick, gooey yellow cheese that tastes just a little like glue (though not in a bad way).

2 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

So it tasted like glue IN A GOOD WAY ? Heff confused....

9:26 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

You'd have to try it to know what I mean, I guess. Of course, if you'd spent more time eating "gluey" cheeses instead of sniffing glue in the back of a rural Alabama elementary school classroom with his Royal Hatchness, you might not be so confused.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home