Monday, November 14, 2005

Ham Hock Heaven


Last night I developed a hankering for some ham hocks and collard greens. Of course, I had to do it my own way, so I fried up the ham hocks in their own fat, then deglazed the pan with heavy cream to capture all the greasy little crispies. I added a pinch of red pepper, and preceded to mix it all in with the collards. You see the result here. I gotta say, it was tasty.

I know my po' ole Mama has to be confounded by my eating collard greens. When I was a kid, it was easier for her to split the atom than get me to eat collards, or any sorta greens, for that matter. I guess it just took me a long time to see the light.

1 Comments:

Blogger HatchWife said...

Update your blog. We would love to see some new pictures!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home