Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Road Rage

Today I am finally recovered from suppressing yesterday morning's road rage. A person driving a red Saturn Vue (may she die of a bloody flux) was talking on her cellphone and driving both slowly and erratically, weaving in the I-40 East's left-hand lane. I ended up stuck behind her for 5 miles, during which she drove 45 mph in a 65 zone, with no one in front of her. Two large trucks were travelling at the same speed in the other two lanes. After a few minutes, the folks behind us began honking and flashing their lights. Neither set of actions led to any change in idiotic behavior. When I finally managed to pass her, (I respectfully decline to describe the manner in which I did so) I had a very difficult time resisting the impulse to pelt her with a lug nut (I always have a spare on hand), or at least gesturing in some profane manner. I did however, memorize her tag number. Hopefully I'll be able to resist the urge to find her and burn her house down.

I've never given in to "road rage", and I try not to let myself get too worked up over the rudeness and/or stupidity of others........but one day.......one day.....

1 Comments:

Blogger mikeray said...

In Monterey I was teaching Cassondra to drive a stick shift on hills, late at night in a residential neighborhood. Some California idiot pulled in close behind us and started honking. When I got out of the car and started walking towards him he suddenly realized he could simply pull around & he did so. Alligator mouth - mockingbird a$$.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home