Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Great Nigerian Hope?

Samuel Peter, holder of one of the "alphabet belts", knocked out a journeyman on ESPN's Friday Night Fights last night. Peter is being hyped as the next dominant heavyweight, and maybe he will be--he's only in his mid-20's, so he has time to learn some more, but from what I saw in last night's fight, if you put him in the ring with someone who can box, he'd get a real chin-test. Peter has power, but his technique did not impress.

I'll be watching him though, as with the current state of the heavyweight division, anything is possible.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

I missed that one, Although the guy was mentioned during the Ruiz/Toney fight.

11:02 PM  
Blogger mikeray said...

As long as boxing doesn't interfere with Battlestar Galactica.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

oh no.....Friday night at 2100 is firmly reserved for "The Colonel Tighe Show". I really enjoyed Friday's show, and I guess I'll have to agree with you that "BG" is really good TV.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home