Friday, April 22, 2005

Paul Goes 'Nanners

Today, after ending my day at work with great frustration, the wife picked me up and spirited me away to Captain D's, our fast-food joint of choice. A ghetto-talking, flaming gay, bleached-blond white boy behind the counter was exhibiting more "character" than is generally safe. As he was mockingly rude to each of the customers in front of me, I was shocked that the manager-guy didn't fire the guy on the spot. I took a great deal of comfort from my expectation the fact that the huge, tatooed black guy in front of me would break the guy into little bitty pieces. Surprisingly, big guy was treated rudely by cashier-boy, again with no real response. Manager boy took my order, sparing me having to deal with cashier-boy. Right as my food came to me, another customer approached the counter to pick up her food. She questioned cashier-boy regarding the number of pieces of fish in her order, and he said to her "Well, ma'am, ya want me to count 'em 'cuz you can't?" Silence. Unable to take it anymore, I chimed in "He looks like a gay Eminem, ma'am. You can trust him with your fish". A large number of black folks hooted, and mass laughter ensued. A few brief obscenities later, Manager boy stepped in and had "Eminette" go to the back, before things got "out of hand", while he took over the counter. Fortunately, my food was already bagged up, so hopefully it's body-fluid free.....hopefully.

Those of you who know me know that I have nothing against gay folk----I just can't stand rudeness. Heinlein was right, it should be a capital offense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home