Monday, December 27, 2004

Driving is a privilege, not a right...especially in Houston

The Houston Chronicle has a story about a new city ordinance taking effect in the "rocket city" come January 1, 2005. If your car breaks down, gets a flat, or otherwise becomes immobile on or along the freeway, you will be automatically towed (and charged U.S. $75) regardless of your wishes in the matter. I wonder how long it will be until a government-sponsored program to buy bullet-resistant vests for tow-truck drivers is announced.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Oh hey, i'm not saying that this is a bad thing for the city of Houston, as from what I hear the traffic there is hellish. I sure Birmingham, and eventually Nashville, will get something similar. I'm still holding my breath for a commuter rail system, though.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Heff said...

Nah. Nashville just needs to pass a Restaurant ordinance - to tow Hatch away after he's over eaten, and becomes immobile.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Wayward Hatch said...

How did I get drug into this?

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home