Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Mary Sleazy Lives

Just in case anybody else was wondering, Mary Leigh is alive and doing better. I had a couple of queries after she posted a quasi-suicidal post on her blog and then quit updating. She, Ferlotta and I went to see "White Noise". The makers created a creepy mood, but it was followed by an unfortunately lame ending.

Afterwards, we headed to Borders where we ran smack-dab into this. Byron, an old acquaintance, seemed quite happy to see us, and even stalked me through the store, catching me in the Science Fiction section where we had a fine conversation. I was once to be a witness at one of his trials, but fortunately, all charges were dropped. Byron, or Lord Iohann, it was very nice to see you again.

Dinner was at Siam Cuisine, which serves pretty decent (though conservatively spiced) Thai food. The Tom Kah Kai was a touch bland, but the Larb Gai and Nam Yur were as good as you'll find in Nashville (and yes, I know that isn't saying much). Ferlotta and I yearn for our romantic Thai truck-stop dinners of "the old days", with sauces that doubled as weapons of mass destruction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home