Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Oh Hell....I'm Dreading This

Ever since, at age 12 or so, I stumbled onto Douglas Adams' wonderfully funny "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", I've been imagining and discussing what the movie would be like. Well, it appears that I will find out (along with a lotta-other fan-geeks) on May 6, of this year (the movie was originally said to be released on May 11--the 4th anniversary of Adams' death). Apparently, the production is using the script that Adams finished (apparently a pretty heavy-duty overhauling of the novels and radio programs) in late 2000. Given the lack of talent Adams displayed in his post-1990 work, I am not optimistic about the outcome of this endeavor. More movie info here, and info on the old radio show's site, text-adventure game, and BBC TV version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home