Saturday, December 10, 2005

And They Can't Act, Either!


In celebration of Agent 8375309 accomplishing his Dec 8, 1980 mission, Ferlotta and I went out for an evening of fine artistic performance. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful and saw this "Western Zombie Christmas Musical" instead. There were several bits of hilarity, but truth be told, I've seen better-performed high school plays. In the performers' defense, the script, being the literary equivalent of a bedpan's contents, didn't give the performers much with which to work. I should note that the attempt to supply in profanity what it lacked it substance did not go unnoticed (also, that Jennifer Richmond, as "Town Whore" stood out from the rest of the cast as being able to sing and act).

I enjoy seeing a bad play almost as much as seeing a good movie, so the night was not a total loss. Ferlie and I have enjoyed mocking the production over the last few days, and I've tortured her with my renditions of some of the lyrics (I should note that Veronica enjoys my version of the title song, especially the little zombie dance I do with it). I will go see other productions by these folks, as I enjoy these smaller, more intimate-seeming performances.

If you want to read up on some "Zombie Survival" tips, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home