Monday, June 27, 2005

Could I Have Beaten Mike Tyson?


Of course not. However, I find it amusing that the guy who just beat Iron Mikey, the lovely and talented Kevin McBride, was bragging about this:

"In boxing, anybody over 200 pounds can hit and I see myself as a bigger, stronger man than Danny Williams," said McBride, who is dedicating the fight to his late father, Kevin Sr., who died six years ago. "I come to fight. I train hard. I'm bench pressing 265 pounds."


Hell, I did that this morning (and I'm not yet "officially strong", according to Ninong Mike). There's a 70-year-old guy at the "Y" downtown that can do that and more. I once read that George Foreman could bench press 400lbs. Do that, and I'll be impressed, Kevin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

Don't sell yourself short, Paul. I'd love to see you and Iron Mikey tie up !

8:46 AM  
Blogger mikeray said...

Did you not get 10 Paul? I thought today was the day.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

nope, made it up to 9/8....will try again tommorrow.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home