Saturday, May 21, 2005

Down Goes the Foul Pole

As I mentioned earlier, I didn't expect this result, but, as the picture shows, Lamon Brewster convincingly thrashed Andrew "The Foul Pole" Golota, knocking him down and out in a mere 53 seconds. Golota was also mauled early by Lennox Lewis (another Round 1 knockout), and this may end the 37-year-old Golota's big-money-boxing career. I cannot imagine him selling many tickets as a "main event". Golota has always had an unorthodox style, and it obviously did not serve him well tonight. Brewster, holder of quasi-world championship belt, has now legitimately earned a shot at one of the "real" titles, and I'm looking forward to seeing him eventually fight the winner of the Vitali Klitschko v Rahman/Barrett fight in September. In his interviews, Brewster seems like a genuinely good guy, and he's made a fan out of me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

Me too. When he beat W. Klitschko, I wrote it off as a simple fluke. Brewster is slowly changing my opinion.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home