Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Basil Seed Drink

When not watching the History Channels' series of "Why the Japanese deserved to be nuked" specials, I've been doing a bit of cooking. The difficult question of what to serve with tom kah kai (one of several spellings for coconut milk-based chicken soup with galangan root, cilantro, red peppers, mushrooms, and other junk), pork and cilantro dumplings, and wasabi-chicken burritos has finally been answered...Ferlie and I dared each other to try this drink, which is labelled "Basil Seed Drink". It tastes very much like what I imagine that Green Slime toy of my youth would've tasted, only with sweet, slimy basil seeds added. If you can work up the stomach to try it, it's pretty good with spicy pseudo-Asian food, but I wouldn't try it with ribs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heff said...

What, you NEVER ate "slime" as a kid? The best was the purple that came with the "Slime Monster" game.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home