Tuesday, April 12, 2005

'Cause My Little Sammy Serves Me----Cadillac Style

Today, Ferlotta, Veronica, and I journeyed to the Northern extremes of Davidson County to dine at Hotchickens.com. This joint is the pet project of country music has-been Lorrie Morgan, and her latest victim-husband Sammy Kershaw. The chicken, as advertised, is hot and spicey. It seems that they fry the chicken in a typical Southeastern manner, dip it in some sorta hot sauce, and then encrust it with some manner of spice mix, resulting in something that is very hot and flavorful, different from, but no better than, Prince's Hot Chicken Shack. It seems their "Plain Chicken" equals pretty decent fried chicken. Better than the Colonel's, but nothing to scream about. Their Fried Okra is probably the best that I've ever had. I think I liked it better because I didn't taste a ton of corn meal in the batter. Fried pickles.....These were nothing special, about what you'd find in a bar--thin slivers of pickled cucumber, fried in a bad imitation of tempura batter, and served with ranch dressing. The emergency back-up cheeseburger had a lotta meat for the money, and it was surprisingly good, served with spiced crinkle-cut fries. Ferlie loved the fried corn-on-the-cob. If we ever go back, I'll skip the chicken and have the burger and okra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home